Sunday, September 27, 2009

DSP yes DSP no

Actually I would had preferred starting with APOGEE 2008 or Speech Controlled Wheel Chair, thoose two are my favoutrite. But they'll need some visual effects, and right now I am in my office and I don't have them.
So lets move on to this one...
DSP yes was till third year, rather till my placements started in the seventh semester. I was really interested in DSP, Communication Systems and related stuff. Actually I still am. But at that point of time, I wanted to make my career in DSP. I feel really bad to admit, but the main reason for DSP yes was that I felt microelectronics is out of my reach. So, at that time, I decided not to step in microelectronics. The second best option was DSP and Communication. Moreover, my profile also suits pretty well for this field. It includes my APOGEE projects - Free Space Optics ,Specch Controlled Wheel Chair; my formal projects - Advanced Experiments in Telecom Networks, Reconfigurable Architecture for Turbo Encoders for Software Defined Radio; and my electives - Mobile Telecommunication Networks, Telecom Switching Systems and Networks, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Communication. With all this, it seems I am deeply interested in DSP and Communications, which is obviously true.
But I still thought of VLSI, particularly Analog. It feels more electrical than DSP/Communication which has signals, statistics, algorithms.
Then came Placements. The best thing they did to me was helped me believe that I can, I can get into VLSI. The first big relief came with nVidia :), no I was not hired, but I was among the six shortlisted for interview. That time I realised that Digital VLSI is definitely not that difficult. The end was even better, Cosmic Circuits Pvt. Ltd. selected me :) It works in Analog VLSI, we'll talk about in detail some other time.
But this was really the turning point, and boy, I am enjoying this DSP no world :)
Rishi Mathur
Design Engineer
Cosmic Circuits Pvt. Ltd.

No comments: