Saturday, July 21, 2007

My new fan

Yesterday, got up at around 1000 hrs. Thanks, my PS is over :).

Around 1300 hrs, I was sitting in front of this stupid machine, called computer, as usual; when my mother called me, and asked me to get a little stuff from the mother dairy. /* In case you are not a delhite, by mother dairy I am referring to government run shops which sell milk products and vegetables */. I had to comlpete the job before 1400 hrs, when the shop gets closed, so, after lazing around for a while, I went there, and this is where I met my new fan :).

I was supposed to get some tomatoes and potatoes, /* gen sabji bhaji */. I 'selected' them, put them into a basket, and was waiting for my turn. There was a girl, getting some onions and tomatoes. And there on the other side, was my new fan, the salesperson. While weighing her stuff, he weighed the onions, and then tomatoes. Though such activities are generally not much interesting to observe, but it was interesting to see that one single tomato weighed 300 gms. Both the salesman, and that girl were a bit amazed, but anyways, out of all those tomotoes which she selected for herself, she took only one, weighing 300 gms. I guess she had to get 250 gms of them.
I also had collected a few, intending to take home around 500 gms of those. I also had a packet of potatoes. I weighed my potatoes, on the other machine, it read 1.250 kgs. Anyways, the girl was over with her stuff, and cash transaction followed. She was still managing the change, when I put my potatoes on the machine which the salesman had. It read 1.500 kgs. Now, this was ambiguous. I immediately prompted, and then the salesman realised, he did not set the zero properly. And this solved the mystery of that single tomato weighing 300 gms. After my potatoes, the girl's stuff was weighed again. The salesman was smiling at me, ' sir, aapne bataya na hota to aaj to aise hi jaata'. I smiled back. The girl, she also must had been smiling, but damn, that salesperson was talking to me, and I couldn't look at her :(.
Now, the girl was again packing her stuff, about to leave. I put my tomatoes forward, and instructed the salesman, 'bhaiya, aadha kilo kar dena'. He put all those tomatoes on the machine, and the digital display read "0.500 kgs". And this was more than enough to make him my fan. 'aapke haathon mein to jaddo hai'. I again smiled back to him. And yeah, even I was thinking, 'kamaal hai, eggjactly half kg :P'. The girl, she was at some distance now, else I could had expected a 'girl fan' also... :D


FIND OF THE DAY : People have the right to be stupid. Some people abuse that privilege

No comments: