Monday, July 23, 2007

Such a small world

Yesterday, I went with my mom and dad to visit some old neighbours of ours, "the Sharma's". It was nice, meeting them after about three years or so. Before that, we were neighbours for some five+ years.
Though I didnot had that much fun, which I thought I could. Almost throughout, it was like mom busy with aunt, dad with uncle, and me, and their two kids, just watching them, and smiling in between.
When we were about to leave, some of their relative dropped in. The troop wasn't a big one, consisted just of uncle's sister, and her daughter-in-law. Then, again a little general discussion started.
The daughter-in-law was newly wed, maybe a few months or so. So, then a little discussion about where did she is from. They moved in Delhi just about two years ago. 'Where in Delhi??', 'Mayur Vihar', came the answer. Apparently, we were also in Mayur Vihar, some two years back. So, next so obvious question from my mom, "Which phase???", "Phase-II" was the reply. "OOOooo.... even we were in phase-II"; "Which pocket??", "Pocket-B"; "Oh oh..even we were in pocket-B, there was this Bal Bhavan School, my son was there only /* referring to me.. :D */, and there was this 'Neelam mata ka mandir' ". "Yeah.." said she. Now, the next question was flat number. She said "161-A". I was relived a bit, I thought she lived in same house as ours.. :P. But hey, this wasn't far from ours', we were in 167-B. /* A for ground floor, B for first floor, and not blocks or something, so it was pretty close */. I was thinkin it was close enough. But I was proven wrong in a little while.
There was a little discussion between her and my mom, about there that person lived and blah blah blah. And in that discussion only, she said "We were in 166-B for a little while". Now, that house was just next to us, and that you say 'close enough'. They moved into that 166-B just a few days before we left our 167-B. And guess what, my mom and she have had some conversation at that time also. And now they remembered every bit of it. And even I did, I saw that young girl once or twice in her balcony, though she looked pretty different than at present. At that time only, she once enquired, through my mom, for she was trying to get a job in Bal Bhavan, my school. I told her, its not a nice place; it actually is not, specially not for teachers. Anyways, we are not discussion my school.
But the thing is, wow, I have never been in such a co-incidence. It was close.
Really, such a small world.


FIND OF THE DAY : I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.

No comments: