Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Just read on.................

16th June 2005, dreams of many of my batchmates came true, but my dint. JEE results were declared. God kept me waiting for one more month, till 16th July. Second list of BITS was out n yeah, i made it. Yes, IIT is IIT, I know, but everyone said, next comes BITS. Even I knew that, but....... ok. Now I m in BITS, n sometimes I do think that in many aspects, this place is better for me. Yeah, IIT has brand value, great profs, infrastructure.... But things which I have got here, may be small ( well some are big enough ) still, i feel that life here is a lot better here than any of the IITs. Yeah, the location is not great, and this thing has really bothered me, but there are lot more things.
  • Ok, lemme start, first and the most imporatnt things, there is no restriction on attendance. And that is a damn big advantage. Though some of my friends disagree, they feel that they could perform better if they are forced to attend classes, but i dun think so. There's noting to force us to go to the lecture threatre. I do for the subject which i like (well, at times i m forced to go for a gud lukin grade sheet, but dats rare), but rarely go against my will. And we do get the lecture slides on intranet, so absence is never that a big problem.
  • And here we do get to make our own timetable,in the beginnin of semester.
  • Apart from that, I am sure that our mess food is far better than any other respectable engineering college's mess. And campus life here rocks. Hostels rooms, may not be better, but are not bad at all. So what if we cant go to PVR, we have screening of movies in our audi regularly. Today's Rang de Basanti, yeah a bit late, but its really fun with all junta of your own.
  • There's no ragging here. Yeah, some may thing of missing all the masti of ragging, but teh kinda raging you get in engineering colleges hostels, it wud really better to be away from it.
  • In acads n infrastucture, BITS has VLSI design lab, only two labs of such kind are there in our country, the other in IISc, banglore. Also, traning system is better. Well, i dun vat to get in those technical details

Well, for those who have still no figured it out, my blood group is B+.

1 comment:

Gautam Chaudhari said...

Hey Rishi,are you sure it is not a case of "Angoor khatte hain"?
And I still feel compulsory attendance would have been good for us-atleast for me.
I agree with all other things that you have mentioned.