Saturday, October 21, 2006

Oasis 2006 : Day three and four

Was really busy past days, hence no posts. Still, we do have two more days left. And I guess description of the second day was also a bit too short. Actaully it wasnt, I guess I just missed to mention that we cleared the dumbC elims, were first among the 24 participating teams. And yeah, one more thing, in the evening we tried our hand on Treasure hunt, but it was a bit too much for us, we all being the first timers for it in BITS. The clues were damn tough, still managed to get to 6th level /* thanks to our spies ... :P*/. That was on day two. And that flop show of JAL and rocktaves followedd.
But third day, it really rocked. I guess it was the best day among the four. Got up a bit early that day /* yeah, 0800 hrs is an early hour*/ to attend rocktaves finals. But as I told you before, they were cancelled. That was disappointing. But then RAZZMATAZ came to our rescue. It was preponed, and I guess I was lucky enough to know that well in time. I did message many of my friends but most of them were late to the show. I enjoyed the whole show. That was awesome. These DU girls, they dance so well. Ok, the male participants, they were also really great. It really set the pace for the day. It was up by afternoon, leaving us for a long anxious wait for the prof show, which were scheduled for 1800 hrs. We were all ready dot 1800 hrs, but as expected, they were postponed till 2000 hrs. We did had the option of DJ floor, but I was really tired. But coz of peer pressure, i was dragged to the dance floor. And yeah, the music was also too tempting to give up. Result : strained my body a bit more.
After that, we all geared up for the big thing.. the prof show. Actually, the first band in the list was MRIGYA, the replacement band, dint have much expectations from the band, which came all the way from New Delhi. But to amaze us all, they put up some really cool stuff. Their instrumentals were too sexy. The crowd never expected such a performance from a kal ka band, but man, they really set up the show. For the first time I am forced to use the word soulful with music. They played some sensible soulful stuff for the crowd. I guess I should move on, there's a bit too much redundancy of words /* thanks to my great vocabulary */.
The next band, INDIAN OCEAN, crowd had a lot of expectations from them. The environment setup by the previous band, it helped us to enjoy these fellows even more. They stood upto the expectations, and even better, as far as my expectations are considered. The next in line, MOKSHA, rock band. I am feeling sorry for them. They also played quite well. But lack of rocklovers in BITS , and the timings, they began at around 0330 hrs, it was too much physical taxation for budding rock lovers to attend this band at this hour. I successfully attended the whole show /*ended around 0500 hrs*/, I cant actuallly say that I enjoyed MOKSHA, but it wasnt their fault at all, I cant blame them. Yeah, you can put me in the category of budding rock lovers .That's it for day three. Went to sleep 0600 hrs in the morning.
Day four, the shortest day. Got up around 1000 hrs, not my fault, I could have slept longer had the power cut not been there. But the cut had such a bad timimgs, neither helped me in my sleep, nor waked me up for breakfast. Then indulged myself in cleaning my room /* read diwali ki safai */. Got ready, took lunch and geared up for the big event.... DumbC finals .. :P But alas, we dint perform upto our expectations. That one round, ruined all the show. Anyways, who cares /* actually I do a bit, it was this grand finale which dint allow us to leave for our home earlier, wasted atleast twelve hour on campus for that crap.*/
As soon as it was over, Oasis was over for us, gussed FashP and ValD /* validatory function*/ and returned back home.
Yeah, am home right now, till 25th.
Just one statement for home... its really nice to be home.


FIND OF THE DAY : Where there is a will....there are 500 relatives.

1 comment:

Gautam Chaudhari said...

That was hard luck with DumC :(Better luck next time.And yeah, I told you were sitting through Moksha just to show me that you are a rock lover,I was wiser :) Got some sleep too...